It takes $2,500 to keep a Braid mentor team running for a year.
Team sponsorships from organizations and individuals help cover all the costs of running a team from start to finish, which include:
- background checks for mentors ($25 each)
- transportation costs for youth and mentors – we use a transportation service especially for youth that has background checks for drivers and the highest safety ratings, to keep our youth safe ($20-$50/week as needed)
- special events and outings for teams, for youth’s birthdays and team anniversaries ($300)
- helping fund quarterly Braid events for all teams, such as field days, holiday parties, yoga, magic shows, and more ($500 each)
- other special opportunities, like providing supplies for youth to attend summer camps and after-school programs (varies)
$2,500 fully sponsors a team for a year. Partial sponsorships are also greatly appreciated.
To sponsor a team, please visit our donations page and indicate team sponsorship in the comments section with your donation.