Braidz N’ Thangz (BNT) Internship Program was developed by a Braid caregiver and provides at-risk Black/African American women ages 16-24 with hands-on training and experience in braiding, natural hair care, and cosmetology. The training offers an opportunity to obtain professional certificates and California State licenses to work in a professional salon environment or open a salon of their own. The BNT program is entirely free of charge for participants.
- BNT is a paid pre-internship.
- Participants are trained by licensed industry professionals and certified educators.
- BNT is a solution to unemployment, providing financial incentives for participants while learning hands-on and soft skills training to work in a professional salon environment or open a salon of their own.
- BNT is a solution for families and young adults who want to pursue vocational training by creating paid learning opportunities while overcoming financial hardships.
- BNT is a solution for those who want to learn about Black/African American and natural hair care, which is not taught in traditional cosmetology programs.
- Black/African-American women ages 16-24
- 222 Leland Avenue, San Francisco (Bayview)
- Training duration is 3 weeks, 2x week, 90 minute sessions
- 2023 internship program begins May 2